Grimm Fabrications- Photo Credit- Of' Storms Creative Studios

Friday 18 April 2014

Fandom Friday: The Munsters


For the longest time, I only watched The Addams Family, and don't get me wrong. I absolutely adore The Addams Family. However, lately we've been watching The Munsters. My husband's parents gave the complete series to him for his birthday, and we've been plowing through. May I say that it's hilarious?


In case you're unfamiliar, The Munsters follows an American family of monsters. All of the family members are based off of Universal monsters (Frankenstein's monster and  the monster's bride, the Wolfman, Dracula, and so on). In many ways, it's very similar to The Addams Family, except that  they actually are monsters, and there is some incredibly dark, subtle, humor. It's fantastic.

One thing that I really enjoy are the aesthetics of the show. Even the cover of the DVDs fascinates me. The colour palette is perfect, and is exactly what I want everything to be right now (I'm really interested in pastel goth right now), and the font used for the opening credits is fantastic (oooh dripping letters!). The costuming in the show is wonderful, particularly Lily Munster's clothing. It's all very wonderful.

I recommend that you watch it. It's amazing. The writing is amazing. 


It makes me feel better about being a weird person. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment