Grimm Fabrications- Photo Credit- Of' Storms Creative Studios

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Stickers


I like drawing. Drawing is a delightful way to pass time. Especially when it's bold, and graphic. Today I drew some sheets of designs that will be copied onto sticker paper, and then these drawings will become stickers. I'm excited about that. Because... y'know. Stickers are awesome. 




I'm quite pleased with the drawings. They're mostly done using permanent marker, with a bit of ink for detailing and finer lines. For the most part, they're inspired by lowbrow art, nu & pastel goth, creepy cute, 90s revival, and satanic images. The satanic images are kind of tongue-in-cheek. I really like "satanic" imagery, but for the most part, I think that satanism is kind of silly. At least in terms of how it's approached in popular culture and media. That is another story for another time. Hurray! Sticker awesomeness! I'm planning to make one or two more sheets, including a pirate series. There are a total of 15 sticker sheets, and 3 of each should be good. Or I'll stick to three pages and do five pages of each. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment